Below is the Code of Conduct that all players/parents agree to when registering:
I wish to participate in Connecticut-New York Youth Lacrosse Association (CONNY) and Litchfield Hills Youth Lacrosse Association (LHYL) activities for the current season.
As a participant in such play, I pledge to:
1. Learn the rules of lacrosse so that I may be a better player, coach, and fan.
2. Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating only positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every event.
3. Support the drug and tobacco-free environment that is important for all youth sporting events.
4. Make only supportive comments to all players, coaches, and officials.
5. Remember the field is a classroom and everyone is learning.
6. Focus on the fun and the participation.
7. Utilize team-related social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) appropriately.
While on the field, I also pledge NOT to:
1. Ever use profanity at a youth event.
2. Criticize the coaches, players, or officials.
3. Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner.
While a member of the team, I also pledge NOT to:
1. Utilize social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) in a manner that is detrimental to the team / league.
2. Bully or intimidate teammates or opponents in any way.
The Code of Conduct is strict and serious in our sport. All people associated with the game are always expected to act with sportsmanship, dignity and respect for others. This includes coaches, parents, players and referees.
While on the field, poor sportsmanship will carry consequences. These include, at a minimum:
First Offense Verbal warning
Second Offense Dismissal from the game
Third Offense Dismissal from the next game
Fourth Offense Dismissal from the team
As a member of the team, behavior detrimental to the team will carry consequences. These include, at a minimum:
First Offense Verbal and written warning and parent notification
Second Offense Board review of incident that could lead to suspension and / or
removal from the team.
The CONNY Board of Directors will be notified of the ejection. The Board may decide that the ejectee must appear before the Board to describe the circumstances of the ejection.
By accepting this agreement, we, parent(s) and player, acknowledge that have discussed the LHYL/CONNY Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. We understand that there is no refund or recourse for dismissal from our program as a consequence of breaking this Code of Conduct.